Law and the Legal Framework of the UK
This event will give an overview of the legal framework that underpins government in Britain. It will decode the key legal terms and concepts that anyone working in government needs to understand. Topics covered will include the constitutional structure of the UK - the relationships between Parliament, the Judiciary and Government; Ombudsmen; the EU and international law; how devolution works; what lawyers do in government; the court and tribunal system; how law gets made and changed.
View more details and agenda
- Call us now on 020 7593 5550.
- Email us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Building an Effective Business Case (5th December)
- Advanced Writing Skills (5th December 2013)
- Working With and Understanding Local Government (5th December)
- Persuasive Writing Skills (26th February 2014)
- Law and the Legal Framework of the UK (26th February 2014)
- Summarising Documents Quickly and Accurately (26th February 2014)
- Advanced Writing Skills (26th February 2014)
- Presenting to a Captive Audience (6th March 2014)
- Stakeholder Engagement and Partnership Working (6th March 2014)
- The Law of Judicial Review the Government in Court (12th March 2014)
- Taking Effective Minutes (12th March 2014)
- Effective Written Briefings (12th March 2014)
- An Overview of Parliament (19th March 2014)
- Speed Reading (19th March 2014)
- Policy and Law - Bills, Regulations and Statutory Interpretation (19th March)
- Line Management (26th March 2014)
- Working With and Understanding Local Government (26th March)
- Managing Difficult Conversations (26th March 2014)