Policy and Law – Bills, Regulations and Statutory Interpretation
This practical workshop starts by developing skills in analysing policy proposals to see when new policies will require a change in the law. It then looks at how to produce instructions for lawyers to create the necessary legal powers and duties through either primary or secondary legislation (including Legislative Reform Orders), using a case exercise in turning policy into law. The workshop also covers the specific legal issues that arise when a European Directive is implemented, and the core skill of understanding legislation (statutory interpretation).
View more details and agenda
- Call us now on 020 7593 5550.
- Email us at email@example.com.
- Thinking on the Spot Techniques (6th November 2014)
- Building Effective Business Cases (6th November 2014)
- Media Handling (6th November 2014)
- Speed Reading (11th November 2014)
- Strategic Thinking Skills (11th November 2014)
- Political Awareness and Influencing Workshop (11th November 2014)
- Stakeholder Engagement and Partnership Working (13th November 2014)
- Working With and Understanding Local Government (13th November 2014)
- Managing Difficult Conversations (25th November 2014)
- Understanding UK Policy Making (25th November 2014)
- Confidence at Work (25th November 2014)
- Summarising Documents Quickly and Accurately (26th November 2014)
- Winning People Over (26th November 2014)
- Essential Writing Skills (26th November 2014)