Policy and Law – Bills, Regulations and Statutory Interpretation
This practical workshop starts by developing skills in analysing policy proposals to see when new policies will require a change in the law. It then looks at how to produce instructions for lawyers to create the necessary legal powers and duties through either primary or secondary legislation (including Legislative Reform Orders), using a case exercise in turning policy into law. The workshop also covers the specific legal issues that arise when a European Directive is implemented, and the core skill of understanding legislation (statutory interpretation).
View more details and agenda
- Call us now on 020 7593 5550.
- Email us at email@example.com.
- Building an Effective Business Case (5th December)
- Advanced Writing Skills (5th December 2013)
- Working With and Understanding Local Government (5th December)
- Persuasive Writing Skills (26th February 2014)
- Law and the Legal Framework of the UK (26th February 2014)
- Summarising Documents Quickly and Accurately (26th February 2014)
- Advanced Writing Skills (26th February 2014)
- Presenting to a Captive Audience (6th March 2014)
- Stakeholder Engagement and Partnership Working (6th March 2014)
- The Law of Judicial Review the Government in Court (12th March 2014)
- Taking Effective Minutes (12th March 2014)
- Effective Written Briefings (12th March 2014)
- An Overview of Parliament (19th March 2014)
- Speed Reading (19th March 2014)
- Policy and Law - Bills, Regulations and Statutory Interpretation (19th March)
- Line Management (26th March 2014)
- Working With and Understanding Local Government (26th March)
- Managing Difficult Conversations (26th March 2014)