Putting Your Point Across
Everyday we need to put points across convincingly to a variety of different people. It may be to an important client; a key stakeholder, a minister; colleagues or your manager. Often you will have a very short time in which to get your point across. What's the best way to go about it? How can you make your point come across as credible and convincing?
Put your point across clearly, concisely and confidently is designed to help you improve the way you put almost any point across (no matter how complex) in as clear, concise and confident a way as possible. The techniques can be used to put points across to colleagues, clients and customers in one-to-one or group meetings, interviews and on the telephone.
View more details and agenda
- Call us now on 020 7593 5550.
- Email us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Building an Effective Business Case (5th December)
- Advanced Writing Skills (5th December 2013)
- Working With and Understanding Local Government (5th December)
- Persuasive Writing Skills (26th February 2014)
- Law and the Legal Framework of the UK (26th February 2014)
- Summarising Documents Quickly and Accurately (26th February 2014)
- Advanced Writing Skills (26th February 2014)
- Presenting to a Captive Audience (6th March 2014)
- Stakeholder Engagement and Partnership Working (6th March 2014)
- The Law of Judicial Review the Government in Court (12th March 2014)
- Taking Effective Minutes (12th March 2014)
- Effective Written Briefings (12th March 2014)
- An Overview of Parliament (19th March 2014)
- Speed Reading (19th March 2014)
- Policy and Law - Bills, Regulations and Statutory Interpretation (19th March)
- Line Management (26th March 2014)
- Working With and Understanding Local Government (26th March)
- Managing Difficult Conversations (26th March 2014)